COPYWRITERS: SHUN THE PUN
Merit is looking for a strategic, conceptual copywriter to join our team. You’ve got at least five years of agency experience. An award-winning, diverse portfolio. And a deep, deep disdain for puns.
We’re looking for a writer who is committed to honing their craft. Who is as passionate about writing as they are about design and art direction. Who can jump from one assignment to the next, one client to the next, and let the brands they work on inform their tone. And who absolutely abhors puns.
You’re able to write a brief and work seamlessly with our strategists. You’re able to write for any medium and make it hard for clients to break out their red pens. You’ve got a healthy ego and aren’t afraid to take chances. And you shudder in disgust when you see a hair salon named “Curl Up & Dye.”
- Experience writing for the world wide web internet super highway, social, TV, print, radio, annual reports, etc.
- Great presentation skills both internally and to our clients
- Work with a designer or art director from concept to completion
- Ability to work with our account service teams without thinking of them as account service
- Can write a presentation deck from the first page to the last
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to write in different voices for different brands in different sectors
- Communicative and collaborative with a desire to grow professionally
- At least five years of experience
Merit is a three-year-old agency that’s building a company people want to work for and with. We’re built upon the idea that one size does not fit all. That advertising isn’t always the answer. That the medium doesn’t matter.
We’re a bunch of creative thinkers who don’t want to play by the rules and don’t want clients who want to play by the rules.
And neither do you.
MERIT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Flexible work schedule
- Mental Health + Wellness Days
- Bucket lists (we give you bonus cash to have fun outside the office)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- Continuing education options
- Work from home whenever, wherever home is
- Salary commensurate with experience
You’ll report to the Chief Creative Officer. Email your work to: email@example.com. Include ‘PUN’ in the subject line.